Military and Veteran Students

We encourage Military, Veteran, and their dependents to study abroad. Based on the program selection Military, Veteran, and their dependents are able to use their benefits to fund some of the study abroad expenses.

We encourage students to plan ahead and work in close collaboration with the Global Warrior Center and the Study Abroad program. Planning ahead is crucial!

A few things to consider:

  1. Military, Veteran, and dependent students must meet the general eligibility to study abroad.
  2. The VA will pay for the tuition portion if Park students participate in faculty led programs. *Final approval is granted by your VA School Certifying Official.
  3. It is important to note:
    • The course that the student is enrolled in as part of the faculty led program must be a course that is required for the student to graduate.
    • The VA will NOT pay the program fees (airfare, housing expenses, excursions, etc.); they will only pay the tuition portion.
    • The VA will continue to pay the book allowance and housing allowance, as normal.
  4. Military, Veteran, and dependents can still participate in longer exchange programs or affiliate programs.  However, the VA will not cover tuition for exchange or affiliate programs at this time.

Additional resources can be found at Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Payment Rates.

Contact us:
8700 NW River Park Dr.
Herr House Room 207 / PMB 96
Parkville, Missouri, 64152-3795

Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST

Phone:  + 1 – 816 -584 – 6830

Social Media:

Staff Members:
Jeaneth Puriel-Foot
Associate Director for Study Abroad

Kathryn Brown
Study Abroad Graduate Assistant

Miros Varela-Nuno
Study Abroad Office Assistant